Monday, June 30, 2008

Institute Starts Tomorrow

So tomorrow starts the big day; what we've all been waiting for since we got to New York one week ago. Tomorrow, we venture off to the schools where we will be teaching summer school for the first time.

We won't be teaching this week; we're still in training, but it's still a nerve-wracking experience. It's midnight, and I have to be up at at 5:30 a.m. and on a bus bound for Washington Heights an hour later. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a morning person, so this should be quite the experience.

I am excited though. For the summer, I will be teaching sixth grade English. I can't wait to meet my first students and learn the basics of being a great teacher (notice I said good, not great).

Wish me luck...oh, and keep your fingers cross that I find an apartment soon. The anticipation is killing me. My favorite so far has been a one bedroom as Lenox Terrance in Harlem. Click here to take a look at it. If you happen to know of any other apartments, please let me know!

No comments: