Friday, July 11, 2008

Weak one complete

Yes, the word "weak" was intentional in the headline. I chose to use it because I think in a lot of ways it symbolizes a lot of the trials and tribulations we all overcame this week. Not only did we finish our first week of teaching, but we are all physically exhausted from the long house, little sleep, and sub-par food. To say the least, I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Now I blame part of my exhaustion on my trip to Connecticut last weekend. Don't get me wrong, the trip was amazing, but I definitely did not utilize last weekend to catch up on sleep. This weekend however, I will be in bed and resting as much as possible.

I've decided that at the end of each week, I will type up my reflections from each day of teaching. I figure writing and typing them would be too redundant for me too handle, so if I put a few days between them I'll be making progress. Also, I think this will give all of you a snapshot into how I perceive my role as a teaching and how I've improved/regressed from day to day.

But, before I sign off and head to bed (yes, before 12:30 a.m., it's amazing), I have to say that today's lesson was by far the highlight of my week. I don't know if it was because it's the students' last day of class for the week or if I over planned, but they were actually engaged in the lesson and willfully participating. It made my day and my week all worthwhile, despite the tiredness and the aches and pains. Even as I write this, I can't feel my legs.

Sweet dreams!

Mr. Van Owen

No comments: